100% CERTIFIED ORGANIC
Garden To Cup Organics uses only organic teas and botanicals sourced directly from the Organic Certified growers across the world. Organic certification involves a set of production standards for growing, storage, processing, packaging and shipping that include:
- avoidance of synthetic chemicals (e.g. fertilizer, pesticides, antibiotics, food additives), irradiation, and the use of sewage sludge
- avoidance of genetically modified seed
- use of farmland that has been free from prohibited chemical inputs for a number of years (often, three or more)
- detailed written production and sales records (audit trail)
- strict physical separation of organic products from non-certified products
- undergoing periodic on-site inspections
CO₂ Neutral and FAIRTRADE
Garden To Cup is a proud partner of the first and only CO₂ Neutral certified tea estate in the world. CO₂ Neutrality, or having a net zero carbon footprint, refers to achieving net zero carbon emissions by balancing a measured amount of carbon released with an equivalent amount sequestered or offset. It is used in the context of carbon dioxide release associated with transportation, energy production, and industrial and agricultural processes.
Fairtrade certification initiative was created to form a new method for economic trade emphasising equality in the marketplace. The Fairtrade organization forms a partnership between the consumer and the producer, and aims to eliminate other parties within the supply chain, and to make certain that the producers who take part in the initiative are not being exploited by buyers in developed countries.